Sunday 12 October 2014

Week 26 12-10-2014 Birds Spotted: 0 Pagham Lagoon Blow Out


So it's been a pretty poor time for birding at the moment. A car boot took up all my time last week, while this week saw me spending times with friends at a holiday camp.

Luckily said Holiday camp was right behind Pagham Lagoon in Bognor Regis, so I was able to spend a couple of hours to myself. Although I didn't see any new birds, I still managed to spot quite a few species. Hope you enjoy the shots.

Coots were everywhere and quite aggressive towards the other birds.

I was hoping for Scaup, but all I got were Tufted Ducks.

Mallards were everywhere.


I saw quite a few Brent Geese.

a Robin stopped by to say hello.

A Dunnock hung around for photo opportunities.

As did a ChiffChaff.

Great Crested Grebe were out and about.

Little Grebes too, but they were far harder to get close to.

A Wigeon flew over to join its friends.

A large group of Swans flew over.

Which was quite an impressive site.

Came across a Chaffinch.

Spied a Curlew flying off with a goodie.

And another having a rest.

Some hybrid ducks.

A Moorhen. Didn't see many compared to the Coots.

Disturbed a Magpie.

Watched a Kestrel get mobbed by a gull.

It soon came back though.
More Curlew action.

Very noisy Starlings.

More Brent Geese.

A lone House Sparrow.

A cygnet says hello.

Little Egret flyover.

A fast flying Redshank

No comments:

Post a Comment