Sunday 18 January 2015

Week 40 18-01-2015 Birds Spotted: 0

It's been a pretty poor week this week for two reasons. 1 I've been unable to get out much on Sunday and 2, my camera lead is broke, leaving me with no way to get my images onto my computer.

Because the weather has been extremely cold I decided to head to Avon Heath to see if any Bramblings had been attracted to the feeders there. Unfortunately the hide was a complete bust for several reasons. There was no food out, so birds weren't coming in. Many of the trees had been destroyed and lots of them were dumped in the pond. In short it looks a mess and is doing more harm than good.

I spent a good 40 minutes there and saw at least 6 groups of families come in, see nothing was there and immediately leave. It's a vicious circle as the hide won't get support if it's not being used, but the kids won't want to use it if there's nothing to see there.

Here's hoping that things pick up in a couple of weeks when I return. I understand that some places don't like to leave food out all year around, but it's still pretty treacherous weather at the moment and birds need all the help they can get.

Due to my camera lead not working I'll simply post some images that I've been tinkering with in lightroom recently.


House Sparrow.


Mute Swans (messed up the clone tool).


Curlew resting.


Robin.

Chiffchaff.


No comments:

Post a Comment