Sunday 15 March 2015

Week 47 15-03-2015 Birds Spotted 0

It's been another two weeks and another two weeks of terrible weather.
I've seen plenty of birds, but the light has been so poor that it's made actual photography rather pointless.

I visited Kingston Lacey for the first time on the 8th and quite enjoyed it. There's plenty of different habitat there, particularly forest, but the general darkness meant it was hard to get nice shots. Still, I saw plenty of different birds, including Long Tailed Tit, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Robin, Green Woodpecker, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Rook, Chaffinch and even a Buzzard, making it an enjoyable trip regardless. Here's some of the shots I could salvage.


Blackbird.


Herring Gull.


Long-Tailed Tit.


Blue Tit.

Robin.

I then visited Longham Lakes on the 14th, but it was another lousy day due to the dismal overcast weather. I did speak to a lovely couple however, who told me they were on the hunt for Black Necked Grebes. I didn't see any and I also missed the Scaup.


I always scan the distant field for odd geese, but no luck this week.


Coot looking for food.


I'm pretty sure this is a ChiffChaff.


There was a large flock of Pied Wagtails.


This is as close as I could get.


Mute Swan.


Canada Goose.


And a Dunnock looking for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment