Sunday 29 March 2015

Week 49 29-03-2015 Birds Spotted 0

I'm pretty sure I'm approaching the end of the first year of my blog and somewhere along the line I've messed up the week. Still, we'll worry about that shortly.

This weekend has been more miserable weather, so I'll be posting up images from last week's trip to Moors Valley Country Park. I didn't see any new birds, but I did manage to take some nice photos, so I'll be sharing those with you for the time being. Enjoy.


One of the first things I spotted was this Magpie, busily eating some food
 it had stolen from somewhere.


There were plenty of gulls around, but nothing out of the ordinary. 
Here's the first of many Black-Headed Gulls.





I thought this was a Little Gull as it was quite graceful in flight, but it's another BBG :)




Due to plenty of people feeding the birds there were plenty of fights on the pond.


This young Herring Gull was happily chasing the smaller gulls for food.


There were a few Lesser Black-Backed Gulls around as well.





Mallards were plentiful. In fact they were pretty much the only ducks there.




There were a single pair of Wigeon, but they stayed far out for the entire duration.


I also saw a distant Great-Crested Grebe


A hunting Buzzard.


While a singing Robin finished off the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment