Sunday 28 June 2015

Year Two Week Four - A walk around Longham Lakes

No new birds this week and time was limited so I went for a quick walk around Longham Lakes.
I only had an hour, but I still managed to see wa few interesting birds, notably a Black-Necked Grebe in full summer plumage. Annoyingly, he was too far away to get a decent shot and I was shooting right into the sun so everything was in shadow. It still proved to be the highlight of the day though and I'm getting nearer and nearer to them each time I spy one.


I spied about 3 Great Crested Grebes in total. This one was the closest, being about 30 feet away from me.


Not the greatest of shots, but it was nice to get a pair of Whitethroats together, even if they were in a distant field.


A very distant buzzard was flying around looking for food, but he was soon chased off by some gulls.


Here's the Black-Necked Grebe I mentioned. A really poor shot, but it's the closest I've got to one.


Another poor shot. This time with my teleconverter.



There were quite a few Canada Geese on the lake. I normally see them in one of the distant fields.


Many birds like this Coot were still nesting.


There was a large flock of pied wagtails, mainly comprising of youngsters.


They had no fear and came quite close to me.


This shot is definitely my favourite :)


I don't think I got the exposure completely right on this Mute Swan...

Not the most exciting of weeks, but it was a lovely little walk and that's all that really matters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment